Total Pageviews

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

What If?

Regarding, "Life is a Journey - Avoid McMansions?" (see Tuesday, December 4, 2007 and the original story, "Garden Roots" Wednesday, November 28, 2007) BringtheHope Said ... "Better living through less! A theme which I have started to put into action lately. I hadn't really thought of it as a way toward greater connection with God, but yes I can feel more of a connection through shunning the normal material lifestyle. Thank you for your comment.What of the generally pervasive "I got to have my bling bling and my bigger better everything"? Seeking to satisfy my base instinct of survival which after all what materialism serves.Where does this ultimately go? What really is the purpose for collecting ever more expensive things? Underneath it all is serving our survival instinct. A "want of the flesh" in religious terms. This may offend some but the reality cannot be denied. Perhaps God has moved me toward this and I just didn't give him the credit! You know, I really think God doesn't make it difficult for us to build a relationship with him. Action it seems speaks much louder than words to God and living with less is statement to him without words.

Today's spiritual thought ... WHAT IF? What if everyone in the country this Christmas donated all the money they would ordinarily spend on conventional gifts toward solving the worlds leading most glaring troubles? Feeding the hungry, nursing the sick and the myriad of problems faced by the much less fortunate at home and abroad. How would God like that?! Literally overnight we would move light years closer to a beautiful harmony and peace on earth.

No comments: