Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 22, 2010

I Met This Man David

I met this man today as I was helping another man that had been homeless for about 18 years. He said his name is David. He does not have hands and his face is scarred on the left. He is more than likely an American Iraq war veteran. I am sending this to as many people as is possible [and Homeless In America] in the hope that our prayers will help him.

I was able to give him a full meal, however he did not want to go get any other help (such as that which is available at the clinic near by). He is filthy and the clothes that he has on are held together with a bungee cord. He did not have socks or under clothing and he is out on the streets of West Los Angeles near La Cienega & Beverly Boulevard.

PLEASE PRAY THAT THIS CHILD OF GOD WILL ACCEPT ANY ONES HELP NOW.

He was able to answer a couple of questions (such as his first name). He did want something to eat. We went to the food court at the Beverly Center, however he wouldn't sit with us. David really needs our prayers!

GOD BLESS EACH THAT IS IN ANY POSITION TO HELP OUR HOMELESS BROTHERS & SISTERS, ESPECIALLY THOSE WHO ARE SUFFERING SO.

Thank you for your prayers for David! With gratitude and love, Marilyn
___________
Subscribe! to Homeless In America, top right column.
Invite your family and friends to Subscribe!
Scroll way down and vote in the polls.
List yourself as a blog follower, middle right column.
Donate! at
http://www.servantsofthefather.org/donation_homeless or post checks to - Servants of the Father of Mercy, Inc., P.O. Box 42001, Los Angeles, CA 90042. All Donations are Tax Deductible

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sad, I will pray for the Father's touch. God bless, Pam

Anonymous said...

Carlos and I will keep David in our prayers. God Bless you! Jackie

Anonymous said...

I'm praying - asking Mama Mary to pray for David. Thank you!
Catherine

Anonymous said...

Marilyn,

My intention is to get David's picture to as many people as is possible so that he can be reconnected with his family.

If my assessment is correct, he is a Veteran & somewhere his family is looking for him. I can't even imagine what it would be like for anyone to have the injuries he has or to be in his family & not know where he is!!!

So if you feel like sending the original e-mail with his picture to anyone, you can give them my name & e-mail address to see if they recognize him or are willing to send it to other people.

I feel that a GREAT INJUSTICE has been done to many of our citizens, especially our active Military & our Veterans.

I sure would like to get this young man back to the Home where he belongs. His Heavenly Father wants to have him well taken care of, and we each are our "brothers keepers.