Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

The Wealthy Dwelling Space of the Homeless According to St. Francis

Praised be thou, my Lord, with all thy creatures, especially my Lord, Brother Sun that dawns and lightens us.

Be praised, my Lord, for Sister Moon and the stars that thou hast made bright and precious and beautiful.

Be praised, my Lord, for Brother Wind, and for the air and cloud and the clear sky and for all weathers through which thou givest sustenance to thy creatures.

Be praised, my Lord, for Sister Water, that is very useful and humble and precious and chaste.

Be praised, my Lord, for Brother Fire, through whom thou dost illumine the night, and comely is he and glad and bold and strong.

Be praised my Lord, for Sister, Our Mother Earth, that doth cherish and keep us and produces various fruits with colored flowers and the grass.

(Excerpt from, St. Francis of Assisi, Johannes Jorgensen, Doubleday - Image Books, New York, 1975, p. 259)
_____________
Subscribe! to http://www.homelessinamerica.blogspot.com top right column.
Invite your family and friends to Subscribe!
Scroll down and vote in the polls.
List yourself as a blog follower, middle right column.

No comments: