Total Pageviews

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

But I Speak for the Poor

"But I speak for the poor and simple, who, because they have good will and more faith than most scholars, better understand the truth." St. Louis Montfort

The Apology of  Aristedes

I, O King, by the grace of God came into this world; and when I had considered the heaven and the earth and the seas, and had surveyed the sun and the rest of creation, I marveled at the beauty of the world. And I perceived that the world and all that is therein are moved by the power of another; and I understood that he who moves them is God, who is hidden in them, and veiled by them. And it is manifest that that which causes motion is more powerful than that which is moved. But that I should make search concerning this same mover of all, as to what is his nature (for it seems to me, he is indeed unsearchable in his nature), and that I should argue as to the constancy of his government, so as to grasp it fully,--this is a vain effort for me; for it is not possible that a man should fully comprehend it. I say, however, concerning this mover of the world, that he is God of all, who made all things for the sake of mankind. And it seems to me that this is reasonable, that one should fear God and should not oppress man . . .

St. Aristides delivered the Apology around the year 125, when the Roman emperor Hadrian visited Athens. His memory is kept by the Church on August 31st.
_______________     
  • Invite your family and friends to Subscribe! to Homeless In America.
  • Scroll down to the bottom of the page and vote in the polls.
  • List yourself as a blog follower, middle right column.
  • Donate! to the poor homeless deliveries of food, water, clothing, blankets, socks, underwear, soap, shampoo, toothbrushes and toothpaste, pocket Bibles, rosaries and prayer cards at http://servantsofthefather.org/donate_2_homeless
  • Post checks to - Servants of the Father of Mercy, Inc., P.O. Box 42001, Los Angeles, CA 90042. All Donations are Tax Deductible.

No comments: