Total Pageviews

Monday, August 12, 2013

The Ultimate Deception

The ultimate deception is to believe I am alive when I am actually dead.  That is when I protect my own time, talent and treasure and when I exert power and control over others to excel at getting what I want out of life.  Conversely, upside down and inside out is when I am dead now, but actually alive.  God asks that I abandon self, lose my life and apply mercy for the sake of others.  Ultimately, mercy triumphs over judgment!  The Apostle said . . .

"Speak and act as those who are going to be judged by the law that gives freedom, because judgment without mercy will be shown to anyone who has not been merciful. Mercy triumphs over judgment.

What good is it, my brothers and sisters, if someone claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save them? Suppose a brother or a sister is without clothes and daily food. If one of you says to them, “Go in peace; keep warm and well fed,” but does nothing about their physical needs, what good is it? In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead." James 2:12-17
_______________
  • Invite your family and friends to Subscribe! to Homeless In America.
  • Scroll down to the bottom of the page and vote in the polls.
  • List yourself as a blog follower, middle right column.
  • Donate! to the poor homeless deliveries of food, water, clothing, blankets, socks, underwear, soap, shampoo, toothbrushes and toothpaste, pocket Bibles, rosaries and prayer cards at http://servantsofthefather.org/donate_2_homeless
  • Post checks to - Servants of the Father of Mercy, Inc., P.O. Box 42001, Los Angeles, CA 90042. All Donations are Tax Deductible.

No comments: