Total Pageviews

Monday, February 9, 2015

Sleek and Strong


 
Today's Hollywood red carpet news? Jane Fonda still at sexpot at 77! (photo)
 
"But as for me, my feet had almost slipped; I almost lost my foothold.  I envied the arrogant when I saw their prosperity.  They have no struggles; their bodies are healthy and strong.  They are free from common human burdens; they are not plagued by the usual human ills.  Therefore pride is their necklace; they clothe themselves with violence.  From their callous hearts comes iniquity their evil imaginations have no limits.  They scoff [at God], and speak with malice; with arrogance they threaten oppression of the poor.  However, paradoxically their mouths lay claim to heaven, but their tongues take possession of the earth.  Therefore the people turn to them and drink up their waters in abundance.  They say, “How could God know?  Does the Most High know anything?”

“But now I remember this, that the arrogant are always free of care, they go on amassing wealth.  Surely it must be in vain that another keeps his heart pure and have washed their hands in the waters of innocence.  You see, all day long I am afflicted in poverty and every morning brings new punishments.  When I tried to understand all this, it troubled me deeply, that is until I entered the sanctuary of God;     then I understood their final destiny.

“Surely God, you place them on slippery ground; you cast them down to ruin.  How suddenly they are destroyed, completely swept away!  They are like a dream when one awakes; when you arise, Lord,    you will despise them as fantasies.  And so I have decided to be with you Lord; you hold me by my right hand.  You guide me with your counsel, and afterward you will take me into glory. Whom have I in heaven but you?  And earth has nothing I desire besides you. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.” Psalm 73
_______________

Servants of the Father of Mercy


Visit our web site: http://servantsofthefather.org

Subscribe to the blog:  www.HomelessinAmerica.blogspot.com  

Follow us on Twitter: GaryJoseph@Help_4Homeless      

Join us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/BrotherGaryJoseph

No comments: