Total Pageviews

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Mercy, Lord

Yesterday, I was drowning in a sea of my fears and painfully you suffered to raise me. Today, I witnessed one tormented in a valley of tears - but it was painless for me to flee.
Mercy, Lord
For all the times my wealth and possessions clouded my compassion with distraction.
Mercy, Lord
Yesterday, I prayed for my own desires and you speedily heard me. Today, someone requested my help and I slowly walked away - it was just easier to let them be.
Mercy, Lord
For all the times I forget your gifts and live as if you don’t exist.
Mercy, Lord
Yesterday, you sought after me, crucified - you did not think of yourself - you thought of me above all else. Today, I seek power, wealth, status, being right and most of all, being proud above all I think and do.
Mercy, Lord
Free me from my idols so that along the way I can see you - the victim in others' trials.
Give me the eyes to see all the things that are not true - give me a heart of flesh in all I say and do.
Mercy, Lord

Please Vote in the HIA Polls A Few Scrolls Down

No comments: