Total Pageviews

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Alone but not Abandoned

Feelings of aloneness, of being abandoned are not unusual. Disappointment can often come from those who are closest to us. Isaiah, 1,000s of years ago writes, “Though a mother forsakes her child, I will not forsake you.” (Cf. Isaiah 49:15) The psalmist David said, “Even if my father and mother abandon me, the Lord will hold me close.” (Psalm 27:10) And Jesus cried out, alone on the cross, “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?" (Matthews 27:46). In today’s sound bite, the book of Sirach expresses hope and help for all those who feel alone, forsaken and abandoned:

“I looked for someone to help me, but there was no one there. But then, O Lord, I remembered how merciful you are and what you had done in times past. I remembered that you rescue those who rely on you, that you save them from their enemies.

“Then from here on earth I prayed to you to rescue me from death. I prayed, O Lord, you are my father; do not abandon me to my troubles when I am helpless against arrogant enemies. I will always praise you and sing hymns of thanksgiving.

“You answered my prayer, and saved me from the threat of destruction. And so I thank you and praise you. O Lord, I praise you!” (Sirach 51:7-12)
______________
* Invite your family and friends to Subscribe! to Homeless In America.
* Scroll down to the bottom of the page and vote in the polls.
* List yourself as a blog follower, middle right column.
* Donate! to the poor homeless deliveries of food, water, clothing, blankets, socks, underwear, soap, shampoo, toothbrushes and toothpaste, pocket Bibles, rosaries and prayer cards at http://servantsofthefather.org/donate_2_homeless
* Post checks to - Servants of the Father of Mercy, Inc., P.O. Box 42001, Los Angeles, CA 90042. All Donations are Tax Deductible.

No comments: