Total Pageviews

Saturday, May 23, 2009

Memorial Day, an Important Occasion to Remember our Homeless Veterans

The Rock Church in Columbia, TN rocks! The pastor’s wife recently shared that her brother has been homeless on and off for many years. “One year” she recalls, “my mom and I found my brother....that was really a miracle. It was winter, an inch or so of snow on the ground...my brother had no shoes on, just socks!!! His shoes had been stolen. My heart was so broken! My heart has been so moved by my brother’s story that I feel I must help others like him. So my church and I collected over 250 pairs of shoes for them. We have also collected coats and water.”

Many people don't know the statistics – between 30 and 40 percent of all homeless men are veterans! 25% of all homeless people are mentally ill! This Memorial Day, it’s is an important occasion to remember that it’s time we all step up and take care of our homeless veterans and those who cannot take care of themselves.

More on the Internet at http://www.therockcolumbia.com/
_______
What will you do with your Homeless in America?

VOTE – Scroll down & vote in the polls.
COMMENT – Daily insights, prayers, thanksgiving & praise.
SUBSCRIBE! –Top right column.
LIST – Yourself as a blog “Follower” middle right column.
INVITE – Friends and family to Subscribe!

http://www.homelessinamerica.blogspot.com/

Homeless In America is Rated by RSSMicro FeedRank in the top 8% of
Lifestyles/Religion Blog Feeds & Reads

No comments: