Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Understanding Human Weaknesses

By Jacques Fesch

Forgive me for not having written you.  I'm afraid you must have been worried.  To tell the truth, and I admit it to my deep shame, for some time things have not been going well, first of all physically, due to weakness and anemia which have made me fairly miserable, particularly in this perpetual isolation.  Then, morally, an upset which is actually over now but which left me disoriented for some time.

Instead of referring everything to God so as to be strengthened by faith, I made the great mistake of examining my situation from a human angle, looking to the future, and wishing vehemently for a kinder fate from a worldly point of view.  Of course easy solutions came to mind, acceptable at first so to speak, and then ones that were more and more evil, drawing me once more into the quagmire of sin.  In the end, little brother, I swept all these villainous thoughts aside and climbed back up the slope with determination.  When my will no longer tended toward God, my imagination was violently assailed, and my fall was imminent.

This morning I received Communion and talked with the chaplain for a long time.  Each time he speaks with me I feel stronger.  He is so patient and gentle, and has such an understanding of human weaknesses!

Jacques Fesch (+ 1957) was a murderer who experienced a profound conversion before his execution in a French prison.
_______________     
  • Invite your family and friends to Subscribe! to Homeless In America.
  • Scroll down to the bottom of the page and vote in the polls.
  • List yourself as a blog follower, middle right column.
  • Donate! to the poor homeless deliveries of food, water, clothing, blankets, socks, underwear, soap, shampoo, toothbrushes and toothpaste, pocket Bibles, rosaries and prayer cards at http://servantsofthefather.org/donate_2_homeless
  • Post checks to - Servants of the Father of Mercy, Inc., P.O. Box 42001, Los Angeles, CA 90042. All Donations are Tax Deductible.

No comments: