- Invite your family and friends to Subscribe! to Homeless In America.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and vote in the polls.
- List yourself as a blog follower, middle right column.
- Donate! to the poor homeless deliveries of food, water, clothing, blankets, socks, underwear, soap, shampoo, toothbrushes and toothpaste, pocket Bibles, rosaries and prayer cards at http://servantsofthefather.org/donate_2_homeless
- Post checks to - Servants of the Father of Mercy, Inc., P.O. Box 42001, Los Angeles, CA 90042. All Donations are Tax Deductible.
Tuesday, August 7, 2012
His Last Will and Testament
In the summer of 1225 Saint Francis left San Damiano and said farewell for the last time to Saint Clare and the Sisters. It was probably on this occasion that he left the Sisters his last will and testament in light of his illness and what he surmised would be his imminent death.
“I, Brother Francis wish to follow after the life and poverty of our highest Lord, Jesus Christ, and of His holy Mother, and I will hold out in this until the last. And I pray you, my ladies, and counsel you, that you always remain in this holiest way and in poverty. And be very careful that you do not in any way give up this way of life on anyone’s advice or teaching.”_______________