- Invite your family and friends to Subscribe! to Homeless In America.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and vote in the polls.
- List yourself as a blog follower, middle right column.
- Donate! to the poor homeless deliveries of food, water, clothing, blankets, socks, underwear, soap, shampoo, toothbrushes and toothpaste, pocket Bibles, rosaries and prayer cards at http://servantsofthefather.org/donate_2_homeless
- Post checks to - Servants of the Father of Mercy, Inc., P.O. Box 42001, Los Angeles, CA 90042. All Donations are Tax Deductible.
Tuesday, March 26, 2013
The Crushed, Weak, Broken, Poor, Homeless, Pierced and Crucified
“But God chose what is foolish in the world to shame the wise, God chose what is weak in the world to shame the strong, God chose what is low and despised in the world, even things that are not, to bring to nothing things that are, so that no human being might boast in the presence of God. It is because of him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God—that is, our righteousness, holiness and redemption. Therefore, as it is written: “Let the one who boasts, boast in the Lord.” 1 Corinthians 1:27-30
Jesus and his crucifixion was THE Forerunner of God’s empty, poor and broken way. He did not choose philosophers, nor orators, nor statesmen, nor men of wealth and power and interest in the world, to publish the gospel of mercy, grace and peace. But God sees not as man sees. He has chosen the foolish things of the world, the weak things of the world, the pierced, broken and despicable things of the world - men of humble birth, of low rank, the homeless, to be the role models of the gospel. His thoughts are not our thoughts, nor his ways our ways. He is a better judge than we what instruments and measures will best serve the purposes of his will._______________