- Invite your family and friends to Subscribe! to Homeless In America.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and vote in the polls.
- List yourself as a blog follower, middle right column.
- Donate! to the poor homeless deliveries of food, water, clothing, blankets, socks, underwear, soap, shampoo, toothbrushes and toothpaste, pocket Bibles, rosaries and prayer cards at http://servantsofthefather.org/donate_2_homeless
- Post checks to - Servants of the Father of Mercy, Inc., P.O. Box 42001, Los Angeles, CA 90042. All Donations are Tax Deductible.
Thursday, May 23, 2013
Forty Dollars for a Case of Water
Oklahoma Attorney General's office have discovered local business owners taking advantage of the recent tornado's victims by price-gouging, including a grocery store accused of charging $40 for a case of water.
Oklahoma Attorney General, Scott Pruitt told ABC News that 30 investigators from his office started aggressively combing the region for fraud just hours after the tornado tore through it – and immediately found business owners taking advantage of the newly homeless victims.
In addition to the $40 cases of bottled water, Pruitt said his team uncovered a hotel in the area that was allegedly overcharging in violation of the law.
"We're going to have to look at everything from work gloves to water to storage units, hotels and car rentals. And long term, we'll be dealing with home construction and repair," he said.
Despite repeated warnings to be on the lookout for scam artists after a disaster, Pruitt said many Oklahomans are still unaware that they can be ripped off._______________