- Invite your family and friends to Subscribe! to Homeless In America.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and vote in the polls.
- List yourself as a blog follower, middle right column.
- Donate! to the poor homeless deliveries of food, water, clothing, blankets, socks, underwear, soap, shampoo, toothbrushes and toothpaste, pocket Bibles, rosaries and prayer cards at http://servantsofthefather.org/donate_2_homeless
- Post checks to - Servants of the Father of Mercy, Inc., P.O. Box 42001, Los Angeles, CA 90042. All Donations are Tax Deductible.
Thursday, August 1, 2013
Upside Down Thinking
As it turns out, the Lord God is the only one in our human picture that is NOT homeless. Isaiah tells us that a home cannot be made for the one who made all these things. In the end, the Prophet reminds us that all of us, each one here on earth, we are the homeless ones. God admonishes those who are willing to admit their poverty to come to him, humbly and he will make a home for him.
Isaiah, an interesting character; a prophet hated and persecuted for his upside down message . . .
This is what the Lord says: “Heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool. Where is the house you will build for me? Where will my resting place be? Has not my hand made all these things, and so they came into being?” declares the Lord.
“These are the ones I look on with favor: the lowly and afflicted man who trembles at my word.” Isaiah 66:1-3_______________