Wednesday, September 24, 2014
One Week of Free "Soul Food"!
YOUR INVITATION: This Week at the “Servants of the Father of Mercy”
• Wednesday, today at 6pm help seal fresh donated pastries and bagels in Ziploc Baggies for the homeless.
• Friday morning at 9:30am help make more than 100 homeless snack bags filled with fresh oranges, bottles of water, pastries, chips and more.
• Friday evening at 6pm “Youth & Family Night” dinner, KidsKrafts - Fall pinecone decorating, and “Orange Halloween Swamp” and “Blue Christmas Lake” dried flower arrangements all being crafted to raise money for the homeless.
• Saturday morning at 8:30am StreetReach – just like Dominos Pizza, “We Deliver!” to homeless living under bridges and remote alleyways in Ventura and Los Angeles: food, water, clothing, hygiene bags, handmade rosaries, prayer cards and more.
• Sunday afternoon at 2pm “Servants of the Father of Mercy” team lunch, fundraising meeting and Liturgy of the Hours.
Come and be inspired, feed your soul for a lifetime, let the fire fall - feel the Spirit!
The “Servants of the Father of Mercy” is an IRS 501 ( c ) 3 tax exempt nonprofit, California Corporation and an Association of the Archdiocese of Los Angeles, founded by Bro. Joseph after experiencing a heart attack and being dead for 30 minutes, September 27, 2005.
1544 Morse Avenue, Ventura, CA 93003 – from the 126 go west to Main Street Exit. At the light go left under the bridge and quick right. Go to the stop sign and left on Market Street. Go right on Morse Avenue, first driveway on your left.
As one Dominican WW II Army priest chaplain would often say in his Sunday homily, “It’s your soul, save it!”_______________
Visit our web site: http://servantsofthefather.org
Subscribe to the blog: www.HomelessinAmerica.blogspot.com
Follow us on Twitter: GaryJoseph@Help_4Homeless