D.C. wrote … I sold everything I have of value, quit my job, and live by faith daily with my wife and special needs son to do what Christ has called all of us to do. [What about you?] Are you always willing to go the extra mile for others? Is it an inconvenience or do you consider it to be a divine appointment? Isn't it through our generosity and love that many eventually see the face of God? We all have received a divine calling (cf. Eph. 4:1). Let us be His witnesses to the ends of the earth, being empowered by the indwelling of his Holy Spirit.
In Matt 5:16 he states, “In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good works and praise your Father in heaven.” We are a people called and EMPOWERED to make a difference. The world must see our faith in action. I ask you is the full effect of a person’s faith revealed in one’s words or in one’s actions? As James articulated, faith unaccompanied by action is dead. It is revealed and made complete by what we do. To be an effective Christian, our faith must be consistent, communicable, and convicting. In the absence of a Bible under our arms and wearing a Christian shirt, it should be clear to the world, wherever we go and whatever we do, that we are ambassadors for Christ …
* The Bible clearly states, "He who despises his neighbor sins, but blessed is he who is kind to the needy." Proverbs 14:21
* "He who oppresses the poor shows contempt for their Maker, but whoever is kind to the needy honors God." Proverbs 14:31
* "If a man shuts his ears to the cry of the poor, he too will cry out and not be answered." Proverbs 21:13
* "A generous man will himself be blessed, for he shares his food with the poor." Proverbs 22:9
* "He who gives to the poor will lack nothing, but he who closes his eyes to them receives many curses." Proverbs 28:27
I pray [and challenge] those who claim a position of leadership in the kingdom and yet want for nothing, where is your love? What to you is the only true religion? Where is your heart and treasure? … D.C., Oceanside, California
What will you do with your Homeless in America?
VOTE – Scroll down & vote in the polls.
COMMENT – Daily insights, prayers, thanksgiving & praise.
SUBSCRIBE! –Top right column.
LIST – Yourself as a blog “Follower” middle right column.
INVITE – Friends and family to Subscribe!
VISIT – http://www.servantsofthefather.org/
DONATE - http://www.servatsofthefather.org/donation
JOIN OUR TEAM – Vocations@ServantsoftheFather.org
Homeless In America is Rated by RSSMicro FeedRank in the top 8% of
Lifestyles/Religion Blog Feeds & Reads