Hear this, all you peoples!
Give ear, all you inhabitants of the world,
both low and high,
rich and poor alike!
I will incline my ear to a proverb;
I will solve my problems with the music of the harp.
those who trust in their wealth
and boast in the abundance of their riches?
Truly no man can ransom another,
for the ransom of their life is costly,
and can never suffice,
that he should live on forever,
and never see the pit.
and leave their wealth to others.
Their graves are a wide-open grave,
a dwelling place from age to age,
though they have lands called by their own name.
Man in his riches will not remain;
he is like the beasts that are eternally destroyed.
who boast “men will praise me for my success.”
Yet like sheep they are led to slaughter;
death will be their shepherd,
and the upright shall rule over them.
In the morning, their outward show of wealth vanishes,
they will be consumed by hell itself.
But God will ransom my soul from death,
he will receive me.
For when he dies he will carry nothing with him;
his glory will not go down to the grave.
For though, while he lives, he boasts of his success,
his soul will go down to the grave just like his fathers,
who will never see the light of day again.
Man in his riches lacks understanding.
He is like the beasts that are eternally destroyed.
- Invite your family and friends to Subscribe! to Homeless In America.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and vote in the polls.
- List yourself as a blog follower, middle right column.
- Donate! to the poor homeless deliveries of food, water, clothing, blankets, socks, underwear, soap, shampoo, toothbrushes and toothpaste, pocket Bibles, rosaries and prayer cards at http://servantsofthefather.org/donate_2_homeless
- Post checks to - Servants of the Father of Mercy, Inc., P.O. Box 42001, Los Angeles, CA 90042. All Donations are Tax Deductible.