- Invite your family and friends to Subscribe! to Homeless In America.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and vote in the polls.
- List yourself as a blog follower, middle right column.
- Donate! to the poor homeless deliveries of food, water, clothing, blankets, socks, underwear, soap, shampoo, toothbrushes and toothpaste, pocket Bibles, rosaries and prayer cards at http://servantsofthefather.org/donate_2_homeless
- Post checks to - Servants of the Father of Mercy, Inc., P.O. Box 42001, Los Angeles, CA 90042. All Donations are Tax Deductible.
Friday, June 15, 2012
Something to do when one has too much money but does not necessarily want to give it to the poor!
Eric Pfeiffer from Yahoo! News recently asked the question, “Who in their right mind would pay $450 for a pizza? “
Well obviously a very rich person!
The Steveston Pizza Company in Vancouver eatery has already sold one of the $450 pies and seven other orders for a $120 version.
So what exactly do you indulge in when ordering a $450 pizza? Specifically, the high-end meal known as the "C6" comes topped with a thermidor of lobster and black Alaska cod and a side of Russian osetra caviar.
The $120 version is topped with roasted garlic, Icelandic scampi, smoked steelhead and lobster ratatouille.
According to the Guinness Book of World Records, the most expensive pizza in the world -- before Steveston’s -- was offered by Gordon Ramsey's Maze restaurant for $178. It is topped with onion puree, white truffle paste, fontina cheese, baby mozzarella, pancetta, cepe mushrooms, freshly picked wild mizuna lettuce, and shaved white truffles that run $2,500 a kilo.
The Steveston Pizza Company offers more economical options for the average customer, with a standard pepperoni pizza starting at just $14.
After a little research, this indeed is not the most expensive pizza one can buy. Margo's Pizzeria in Malta sells an over-the-top decadent pie with white truffles and 24-carat gold leaf for a mere $2,400. Or, there's a $1,000 pizza with caviar. Or, for $8,200, you can get a pizza sprinkled with diamonds.______________