- Invite your family and friends to Subscribe! to Homeless In America.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and vote in the polls.
- List yourself as a blog follower, middle right column.
- Donate! to the poor homeless deliveries of food, water, clothing, blankets, socks, underwear, soap, shampoo, toothbrushes and toothpaste, pocket Bibles, rosaries and prayer cards at http://servantsofthefather.org/donate_2_homeless
- Post checks to - Servants of the Father of Mercy, Inc., P.O. Box 42001, Los Angeles, CA 90042. All Donations are Tax Deductible.
Monday, October 8, 2012
The Truth About What We Really Own
We may know with certainty that nothing belongs to us except our vices and sins. We must rejoice, instead, when we fall into various trials and, in this world, suffer every kind of anguish or distress of soul and body for the sake of eternal life.
Let all the brothers therefore, beware of all pride and vainglory. Let us guard ourselves from the wisdom of this world and the prudence of the flesh. Because the spirit of the flesh very much wants and strives to have the words but cares little for the manner of working; it does not seek a religion and holiness in an interior spirit, but wants and desires to have a religion and holiness outwardly apparent to people. They are the ones of whom the Lord says: Amen, I say to you, they have received their reward. The Spirit of the Lord, however, wants the flesh to be mortified and despised, considered of little worth, rejected and insulted. It strives for humility and patience, pure simplicity and true peace of the spirit. Above all, it desires the divine fear, the divine wisdom and the divine love of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
Let us refer all good to the Lord, God Almighty and Most High, acknowledge that every good is his, and thank him “from whom all good comes for everything.” May he, the Almighty and Most High, the only true God, have, be given, and receive all honor and respect, all praise and blessing, all thanks and glory, to whom all good belongs, he who alone is good._______________