Total Pageviews

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

We Pray for Brokenness

[Jesus said] "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." Matthew 11:28-30

Not as the world gives does God give satisfaction. It comes by taking up His yoke, the cross of forgiveness, charity and humility. In our own pride and arrogance we pray for brokenness:

R Lord, grant us the gift of your cross.

You put the needs of everyone here on earth before your own riches in glory: R

You put the needs of poor people - prostitutes, lepers and simple fishermen before your own reputation: R

You put the needs of the sick, mentally ill and demonized before your own privacy and relaxation: R

You put our need for life before your own: R

Then Jesus said to them all: "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me." Luke 9:23
____________
Please Subscribe! to Homeless In America and become a hero's voice of the poor. Invite your family and friends to Subscribe! The top right column of the main page. Scroll down and vote in the polls. List yourself as a blog follower, middle right column.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you once again. I find tears in my eyes as I contemplate this prayer.

God Bless,

Julia