Total Pageviews

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Passing The Buck: Can We Do Better?

by Peter Maurin

In the first centuries of Christianity
the poor were fed, clothed, and sheltered
at a personal sacrifice
and the Pagans
said about the Christians:
"See how they love each other."

Today the poor are fed, clothed, and sheltered
by the politicians
at the expense
of the taxpayers.

And because the poor
are no longer
fed, clothed, and sheltered
at a personal sacrifice
but at the expense
of taxpayers
Pagans say about Christians:
"See how they pass the buck."
_____________
Subscribe! to http://www.homelessinamerica.blogspot.com/ top right column.
Invite your family and friends to Subscribe!
Scroll down and vote in the polls.
List yourself as a blog follower, middle right column.

1 comment:

newguy40 said...

I have an opinion.

I completely disagree with you, in all good charity, my friend.

"so that your giving will be in secret; and your Father who sees what is done in secret will reward you.
"

I simply do not care if any pagan or Christian see me doing good works. I do them because of my love of Jesus and because he asks to do so.

I have been reading your blog and I have so tried to volunteer for helping out thru local Catholic AND non denominational service for homeless and migrants. You know what? After many calls and emails, I don't get a call back from them. I pray daily to understand God's will for me in this area. I pray that God gives me greater opportunity to serve Him in this area.

I have mentioned before how homeless folks ask for money outside a local grocery store. On Saturday, same thing. I went and bought a nice lunch for a couple who asked for my help. I was so pleased and thankful to be of service. But, I didnt jump up on top of my truck swinging my rosary saying look at me! IMA CATHOLIC AND I HELPED SOMEONE!