- Invite your family and friends to Subscribe! to Homeless In America.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and vote in the polls.
- List yourself as a blog follower, middle right column.
- Donate! to the poor homeless deliveries of food, water, clothing, blankets, socks, underwear, soap, shampoo, toothbrushes and toothpaste, pocket Bibles, rosaries and prayer cards at http://servantsofthefather.org/donate_2_homeless
- Post checks to - Servants of the Father of Mercy, Inc., P.O. Box 42001, Los Angeles, CA 90042. All Donations are Tax Deductible.
Monday, September 10, 2012
The Preaching of Peter
"Rich is he that has mercy on many, and he that, imitating God, gives of that which he has. For God has given all things to all of his creatures. Understand then, you rich, that you ought to minister [to others], for you have received more than what you yourselves need. Learn that others lack the things you have in luxury. Be ashamed that you keep the things that really belong to others. Imitate the fairness and equality of God, and no man will be poor."
The Preaching of Peter has been attributed to the Apostle Peter himself and was often quoted by Clement of Alexandria. The original manuscript was written around 100 – 150 and now exists primarily in fragments as quoted by Clement of Alexandria and Origen.______________