Tons of turkey and pumpkin pies galore,
Had everyone stuffed and prone on the floor.
When out of the sky, their eyes did behold,
Tiny parachutes floating down through the cold.
But true to their nature, they all had to know,
So timidly at first, they crawled through the snow.
They all rushed to open them, after-all they were free.
Something for nothing, how much better could it be.
But the bags were all empty, except for a note,
Containing a message from which I will quote.
What of the others, less fortunate than you?
Did you think of their plight . . . well, did you?
I want you to be happy, for you are my children, you see.
But please think of your neighbors, and occasionally me.
I am your heavenly Father, and as such I truly care.
If you learn nothing else, please learn to share.
Christmas is coming, the day of my birth.
Another day of feasting, merriment and mirth.
Families will gather, and songs will be sung,
And on the mantles, stockings will be hung.
Please take this bag, although it be small,
And fill it with love, and caring for all.
And now with my blessings, I’ll be on my way.
I’ll leave just this message . . . Peace be with you -
Go on your way!
- Invite your family and friends to Subscribe! to Homeless In America.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and vote in the polls.
- List yourself as a blog follower, middle right column.
- Donate! to the poor homeless deliveries of food, water, clothing, blankets, socks, underwear, soap, shampoo, toothbrushes and toothpaste, pocket Bibles, rosaries and prayer cards at http://servantsofthefather.org/donate_2_homeless
- Post checks to - Servants of the Father of Mercy, Inc., P.O. Box 42001, Los Angeles, CA 90042. All Donations are Tax Deductible.