Total Pageviews

Sunday, December 9, 2007

The Lofty He Brings Down

The Word of God
"On that day they will sing this song in the land of Judah: 'A strong city have we; he sets up walls and ramparts to protect us. Open up the gates to let in a nation that is just, one that keeps the faith. A nation firm in purpose you keep in peace; in peace for its trust in you.'

"Trust in the Lord forever! For the Lord is an eternal rock. He humbles those in high places, and the lofty he brings down; He tumbles to the ground, levels it with dust. It is trampled underfoot by the needy, by the footsteps of the poor."

The Meditation
What song will I sing in the coming day of the Lord? There are two songs, O Lord. One is a song of lamentation. In this melody I will have to construct words to express all the times you tried to humble me in all my pride, but I failed to change. It will be my song of eternal failure. A song of Holy longing that will never be filled for an agonizing eternity. I will lament that my will was never broken - that I never yielded to your will. In this song, I have become an eternal prisoner of my own pride. The other song O Lord is a song of joy and triumph. In this song, I will join the poor, who in your justice you pardon in their suffering. I will join with them in exaltation over all those who proudly try to set themselves above you and your law. Lord, grant me the mercy that I may respond to your voice for conversion today. Grant that I may in the day of the Lord sing the latter and not the former. That I may join the poor, the migrant, the landless, the downtrodden and the victim in their song of eternal salvation and celebration.
Please scroll down and vote in the polls. Your opinion counts!

No comments: