Total Pageviews

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

What Has Happened?

by
Isabella Miller

What has happened ... They ask when they see me ...
I am homeless ... They think I did it to myself ...
They think I am scum to be put on a shelf ...
A shelf of denial ... A shelf of pain ...
They look down on me as I stand in the rain ...
For I once too had what you had ... A job , a car, a family too ...
But that was all taken by no one, not even you ...
For I came from the bottom and worked my way too the top ...
Then by no fault of my own it had to drop ...
So here I am as I stand in the rain ...
You can look upon me with all the pain ...
For no one is safe from this one disease ...
Homelessness can happen as fast as you can sneeze ...
So the next time you see me on the street threadbare ...
Just remember not to judge me for we all can be here ...

________
What will you do with your Homeless in America?

VOTE – Scroll down & vote in the polls.

SUBSCRIBE! –Top right column.

No comments: