Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 18, 2010

New Poll: Do Non Sufferers Need to "Bring the Bottom Up"?

Medicine has mitigated suffering to a large degree for us moderns. There are pills for practically every type of pain and even morphine for times when nothing else will work. But is suffering underrated? Jesus and the apostles suffered. Nowadays, the homeless and many of the poor are in dire straits and hurting badly. Paul speaks about pain in 2 Corinthians as if it is an old friend. He laments . . .

"To keep me from becoming conceited because of these surpassingly great revelations, there was given me a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me. Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong." 2 Cor. 12:7-10

Scroll down to near the bottom of this main page and participate in our new poll. What do you think? Do non sufferers need to "bring the bottom up" so-to-speak? Would you pray for opportunities to suffer if you knew that somehow it was good for you and for others?

Thank you for participating in this and all the Homeless In America polls. Your opinion counts!
___________
*Subscribe! to Homeless In America, top right column.
*Invite your family and friends to Subscribe!
*Scroll way down and vote in the polls.
*List yourself as a blog follower, middle right column.
*Donate! at http://www.servantsofthefather.org/donation_homeless or post checks to - Servants of the Father of Mercy, Inc., P.O. Box 42001, Los Angeles, CA 90042. All Donations are Tax Deductible.

No comments: