- Invite your family and friends to Subscribe! to Homeless In America.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and vote in the polls.
- List yourself as a blog follower, middle right column.
- Donate! to the poor homeless deliveries of food, water, clothing, blankets, socks, underwear, soap, shampoo, toothbrushes and toothpaste, pocket Bibles, rosaries and prayer cards at http://servantsofthefather.org/donate_2_homeless
- Post checks to - Servants of the Father of Mercy, Inc., P.O. Box 42001, Los Angeles, CA 90042. All Donations are Tax Deductible.
Tuesday, July 10, 2012
Have you ever given money to a homeless person?
There are a myriad of reasons why many Americans prefer not give money to the homeless. For instance, we’ve all heard the hard luck stories about someone needing a bus ticket back to Alabama or the pregnant woman who says her boyfriend just ran out of gas and needs $5 to fill up a gas can. The bottom line, no one likes to be duped, so giving money is usually out of the question in these situations.
However, about a year ago, we set out to poll our bloggers and readers if they have ever given money to a homeless person. Compassion lives! Just about 96% of the participants have given and do give money to the homeless. Surprisingly, 52% of the respondents have given $10 or more to a homeless person. The “No, I don't believe in giving money” group was only 6%. The “I've given $1 - $5” group was 34% and “I've given $5 - $10” group was 8%.
Thank you for participating in the polls. Please scroll down to near the bottom of this main page and participate in the others._______________