Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Anonymous Chatter in the Mourning

M.F. set off some anonymous responses (see Rejoice in the Mourning, Friday, November 9, 2007) with the post, "Sometimes, it doesn't feel like God is with you. When things are going wrong, it feels like He abandoned us. I truly wish I could be rejoicing now in my mourning for myself...

Anonymous said...
"M.F. it seems as though the American value "God shed His grace on thee ... From sea to shining sea..." has set up false expectations in U.S. Christians. The reality is that Jesus said, "Take up your cross and follow me." Jesus is in the night. Our wills are crushed in the mourning and we are sanctified in it to see God."

Anonymous said...
"I don't think I really understand this concept of mourning for choices (Good choices in some cases) that I might have made. Can you explain? Why should I mourn that I cannot marry a million others? It's a decision I made knowingly and I don't feel the need to examine. And frankly, I don't want to marry anyone else. I am missing something here, can you explain?"

Anonymous said...
"Possibly Fr. Rolheiser is referring to loss rather than choices. In this life we 'count everything as loss' as Paul says in order to gain Christ. The Apostle may be telling us that when we take the interior journey to the Infinite God it appears as though we are driven to mourn or “count as loss” everything in this life. We read in Scripture: 'Blessed are they that mourn, they shall be comforted.' Also, 'He has turned my mourning into dancing.'"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Like Dr. Evil says to Mini Me in the movie Austin Powers, "You complete me." Of course this is in a bad way.

In a good way however, it makes sense to me that God completes me.