Total Pageviews

Saturday, November 10, 2007

Tsunami Hits Home

Tsunami Effect (see November 8, 2007) hits home. Anonymous said ... "We've felt these issues first hand in our family. My nephew had 3 tours of duty and came back a broken man. He has been diagnosed with Post Traumatic Stress disorder and had been medicated but his violence has ruined a marriage and prevents him from being a real father. Right now he is living on someone's couch, his soon to be ex wife is equally poor and has had to move into temporary housing. There are so many victims of war!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What do you feel we need to do for Veterans--people who were willing to fight for our freedom?

My opinion is the following:

1. First of all "sleeping on somebody's couch" needs to be replaced with a house as part of an honorable discharge. In my opinion every Veteran who is honorably discharged has earned at least a stable place to live. What are my tax dollars going for anyway?

2. When I was fundraising for the non-profit organization called Veterans of Foreign Wars (the VFW), I was shocked to learn many Veterans have to go through tons of redtape to even get benefits the law currently entitles them to receive. I don't feel like going through a bunch of redtape and I haven't been traumatized by fighting in a war.
Ridiculous! Cut the redtape.